Ralph Winter calls the global church to focus mission efforts on “unreached people groups” around the world.
Missiologist Dr. Luis Bush coined the term “10/40 Window” – the geographical region of the world where the most number of unreached people groups reside.
Dr. Luis Bush understood in a new way, the promise children hold during Transform World Summit in India’s Bihar State.
Dr. Luis Bush and Rev. Kim Nam Soo met in New York and developed 4/14 Window.
Bush challenged the church to reach the world’s largest “unreached people group,” who are hidden in every nation of the 10/40 Window. They are the “4/14 Window”, young people (roughly 4 years old to 14 years old but spanning all the way into young adulthood).
First Global Leadership Retreat, New York
4/14 Window National Conference, Ethiopia
First 4/14 Window Global Summit, New York
Over 360 world Christian Leaders from 65 countries gathered and announce the importance and urgency of 4/14 Window Movement.
4/14 Pledge and 4/14 Window Resolution established.
Dr. Bambang Budijanto argues that the “New Kingdom Landscape” requires a new focus on children and youth.
Second Global Leadership Retreat, Addis Ababa
Second 4/14 Window Global Summit, New York
823 world Christian Leaders from 90 countries share in-depth discussions across 13 subjects. The subjects were Pastors, Education, Parent and Family, Government, Children Spirituality, Children and Transformation in Ministry, Literature, Leadership Development of Children and Youth, Poverty Transformation, Health, Local Church Children Ministries.
The Now and Next Theological Conference, Nairobi
Third Global Leadership Retreat, Singapore
The Third 4/14 Window Global Summit, Singapore
Proves that the 4/14 “initiative” has become a movement with 100s of regional events spontaneously emerging all over the world.
Fourth Global Leadership Retreat (Second Mountain), Seoul
The 4/14 Window Missiology Conference, Seoul
The Fourth 4/14 Window Global Summit, Bangkok
Dr. Bambang Budijanto introduces the “Second Mountain” to climb in the race to activate the 4/14 window, releasing children and youth into ministry.
796 delegates (over 1000 people including non-registered people) discussed the objective that in order to raise children under 15 to be the main agents of transformation:
- Adults must train the children to be rooted In the Word.
- Release them into the ministry fields so that God may work through them.
Significance of the 4th Summit:
- Children from the outskirts to Children as partners. This global summit has been a critical turning point for returning the stature of children as missions partners, who have been The Great Omission from The Great Commission.
- Transcending What & Why to an era of How. After 4-5 years as this movement spread like wildfire, the What and Why was somewhat well known. Now is the time of How according to the strategies fit for each region.
Fifth Global Leadership Retreat, Colorado Springs
4/14 Window Best Practice Conference, New York
More than 1, 100 delegates from 82 countries of the world, discussed about the best practices of reaching the 4/14ers, which can be defined as follows:
- A movement that is awakening church leaders who have understood the importance of children, and their centrality as the target of global missions.
- A movement that unites groups of children-focused missions, relief efforts, and NGO’s to make children the first priority.
- A movement where experts train ministers professionally and helping church leaders to take on this challenge.
- A movement that will develop children’s ministry materials and share those materials.
The Sixth Global Leadership Retreat, Bali
First 4/14 Window Youth Congress (The Nurturer), Bali
Carries the theme “the Nurturer: I AM My Brother and Sister’s Keeper. Dr. Bambang Budijanto calls Nurturers, young people roughly 14-22 years old, to take their rightful place in serving this next generation by making disciples among the 4/14.
The Seventh Global Leadership Retreat
Second 4/14 Window Youth Congress, Bali
Themed “Disciple or Die”, calling 1000 youth and youth leaders and 300 Season Executive Leaders to ignite fire on Global Disciple Making Movement.
The Eighth Global Leadership Retreat, Singapore
The Fifth 4/14 Window Global Summit in Singapore
4/14 Global Leadership Team exist to engage children and youth in making disciple of their peers and communities.
- Effective partnership with local churches to inspire, mobilize, and equip other churches.
- Capture and disseminate inspiring stories on intergenerational, children and youth impactful engagement in disciple making.
- Facilitate paradigm change among the leaders, movers, and shakers.
- Facilitate an inviting and accessible global resource exchange platform.
- Prayer as the engine of the 4/14 Movement.